Sider

Monday, April 18, 2011

Gallhammer - Gloomy Lights

A great band from Japan consisting of three girls. You clearly know the reference without listening to the band, but Gallhammer has more references than just Hellhammer. This is raw and primitive metal with hints of Beherit and Burzum and the driving force of early Celtic Frost and U.K crust. There are quite a few headbanging tracks on this one, and that's what's most important for me; the energy. I quite like the opening which reminds me of this horror movie "the Grudge" if I'm not mistaking. And the last track brings me straight to Japan with their wicked lolita girls going total suicidal and enjoying it.



Released 2004


1. Endless Nauseous Days
2. Crucifixion
3. Tomurai: May Our Father Die
4. Beyond the Hate Red
5. Lost My Self
6. State of Gloom
7. Aloof and Proud Silence
8. Color of Coma


No comments:

Post a Comment