Sider

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hawkwind 1971 - 1975

I got into Hawkwind through a friend of mine. We had just gotten home from a night out, and he put Doremi Fasol Latido on his record and I recall going into some sort of a trance. It was unlike anything I had heard before. Personally I enjoy Hawkwind when Lemmy was in it, and espesially Doremi Fasol Latido. That said, the other records have some outstanding tracks, e.g. Orgone Accumulator and Silver Machine.



I really wish I could be at one of their concert when Stacia was dancing naked on the stage while Hawkwind kept pumping out these psychedelic tunes with Lemmy on bass guitar. I read in Lemmys book, White Line Fever, that it was common to hand out acid in door before concerts. I cannot imagine how crazy these concerts would turn out, even though I get an idea when watching their promo video for Silver Machine. I think they wanted the audience to get an in depth feel on how to be on a trip to "space".
WILL BE UPDATED SOON 

I. In Search of Space
Released 1971


II.Doremi Fasol Latido
Released 1972



III.Space Ritual
Released 1973


No comments:

Post a Comment